Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rexburg Temple

Temples have been something of a lifesaver to me. They have always been there for me when I needed somewhere to feel peace, a sanctuary of sorts. Whenever I am going through a hard time, I know that the temple will always be there, a shining beacon in my life. They are more than just beautiful buildings, they have been a saving grace in my life. I went to the temple today and just feel so much peace in my life because of it. I came home feeling like I was glowing and just filled with happiness. I know there is something different about temples. They're amazing.

President Gordon B. Hinckley said of temples, "I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed; life will be better for you."

Elder Boyd K. Packer said, "It is in the ordinances of the temple that we are placed under covenant to Him….[If] we will enter into our covenants without reservation or apology, the Lord will protect us. We will receive inspiration sufficient for the challenges of life."

No comments: