Monday, March 7, 2011

Magical Head Nod


Communication is really a beautiful thing. I know a lot of people say that text-messaging is taking away from face-to-face and personal communication, but sometimes it’s really nice to get a funny text/story from someone that you can’t otherwise talk to face-to-face. Take Jamie for instance… she is down in Provo and I am up in Rexburg and we don’t get to see each other very often. When we do see each other we update on each other’s lives but if she didn’t text me about her life every once in a while I would miss out on some of the most epic stories, like the one I heard last night. I was driving back to Rexburg with my roommate Ariel when Jamie text me… this is our conversation:

JAMIE- Remember my magical wave?
ME-Haha yeeeeees! Is there a good story accompanying this?
JAMIE- Well I have a magical head nod now too!
ME-Ooh!! You must teach me your ways!! What happened to get this magical head nod?
JAMIE-I was in a car when I head nodded to the car next to me, then we started following each other and doing funny car things, somehow it escalated to them coming to my apartment and getting my number haha
ME-Oh that is fantastic!! Were they hot? Lol I wish things like that would happen to me!! Rubbish Rexburg.
JAMIE-Yes they were super hot and tall…
ME-Oh my gosh!! …I might as well just worship the ground that you walk on and learn of your ways!! Props to my little sis!
JAMIE- Haha I don’t even know how it happened, one second I am on my way home to sleep and before you know it two cute boys are coming to my apartment

Man I love this story, totally typical of Jamie to have some amazing thing like this happen, and I am so glad she decided to share it with me. Totally made me laugh, she is ridiculous! Hearing a story like this… definitely makes for good communication.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What do you mean totally typical of me to do something like this? haha what does that mean?

Amanda said...

You ALWAYS get amazing things to happen. Haha end of story!