Wednesday, February 23, 2011

(Not) The Little Mermaid


I have found that the more you open up to people the stronger your relationship becomes with that person. Since we have been talking about non-verbal communication I have been trying to use that to show that I am a better listener. Ariel is a great listener, she just sits there and listens to me whine! I am generally a pretty good listener and so I have just been working on being better. I hadn't seen Ariel for quite a few days because of the long weekend so we had a good opportunity to chat and catch up last night and I think we had some pretty good communication. She is a good friend and I am glad to have her. I guess one thing I learned about our conversation yesterday is that even though I was unpacking my luggage while she was talking to me I was still able to listen very well and ask questions and respond to what she was saying. I learned that I am pretty good at listening even if it appears that I am not paying full attention.

No comments: