Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trust.


President Henry B. Eyring said, "He (God) knows how a lack of trust in Him brings sadness... You show your trust in Him when you listen with the intent to learn and repent and then you go and do whatever He asks. If you trust God enough to listen for His message in every sermon, song and prayer in this conference, you will find it. And if you go and do what He would have you do, your power to trust Him will grow, and in time you will be overwhelmed with gratitude to find that He has come to trust you."

I found this to be so true when I was a missionary. I would trust the Lord that if I was obedient that He would bless me, so when I put my life into His hands and trusted that He would guide me He always did. He then trusted me with His children and allowed me to see people accept the gospel, He knew that He could trust me because I had done (in the past) what He had asked, and tried my best to be obedient. It's the same thing now. When the Lord knows that we are trying to do our best, he blesses us. I did my best when I came home from my mission to live the way I knew the Lord wanted me to; and when I came to school the Lord trusted me enough to put in a position (as Relief Society President) to serve and watch over some of His daughters... what a HUGE blessing.

No comments: