Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Love Isn't Always Enough"

"Love Isn't Always Enough"

I heard this in my communications class the other day. Mostly it was in the context that you can't just love someone, but you need to be able to communicate with them as well. Love doesn't fix all problems, but if you love someone that you are willing to communicate with someone and work out the situations or problems. If you love someone than shouldn't you be able to communicate with them honestly, to be open with them and not lie to them. If you love someone don't they deserve for you to be honest and open with them. Love isn't just about the warm fuzzy feelings, but about communication and really learning who a person is. Love is being willing to do anything for someone, isn't it? "When I say, 'I love you,' it's not because I want you or beacuse I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, and what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity what you are. You're a hell of a woman." (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

No comments: