Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stake Conference

I was reminded today in Stake Conference about the importance of listening to the Spirit and reminding ourselves of the covenants that we have made. The Spirit brought an interesting memory to my mind when I was thinking about all of this. I was going through a rough patch my senior year of high school, a lot of it dealing with certain friends I had at the time. Without going into detail I was really having a hard time and I had a friend invite me to go to the temple with them every week, and I started going with them. It changed everything about that year of my life. Even though things just got worse with my friends I felt a lot of peace and I knew that was coming from the time that I was spending at the temple.



I am glad to know that we have a temple nearby that I can attend every week. They talked in stake conference today about the experience the apostles had when they were on the sea of Galilee and there was a sudden storm about them, waves and wind. The apostles went to Jesus who was sleeping and asked, Master, carest though not that we perish?" And Christ arose and said "Peace, be still" the seas calmed and the wind ceased. The same thing happens in our lives... the winds and storms arise but the Lord can calm our hearts. I always, ALWAYS feel that peace when I attend the temple. I was just reminded today that the temple is extremely important and it definitely keeps my heart at peace no matter what is going on. I love the temple.

No comments: