Monday, February 28, 2011

Jamie


Jamie is a fantastic sister, she really is. I went home for the long weekend and was able to talk with her face-to-face about some things that are going on. What's better than having a sister who is also my best friend. I remember when I was younger one of my cousins lived with me... she was older than us by a few years. I remember one night I got into a big fight with Jamie and told this particular cousin that I would never be friends with Jamie. My cousin said she used to fight with her sister all the time as well when they were younger and that as they became older they came to be best friends. Of course I didn't believe her and told her that would never happen with Jamie. Well... I guess sometimes we have to eat our own words like I did at this time. As I look back I can see the progression of my friendship with Jamie and as we've gotten older our communication skills and maturity have grown so much! It's interesting to see that progression of how communication and maturity (especially in this case) really work together to build a stronger relationship. We're still sisters, and we don't agree on everything but we don't fight about the things we don't agree on, we respect each others opinions and I'm glad to have someone who does at times challenge me and the things that I do or think.

3 comments:

lover of life said...

I haven't even read this post. I don't know what it's about but how am I just now discovering you have a blog?!

Amanda said...

it's a fairly recent acquisition and it's for one of my classes :)

Jamie said...

We better friends because you are finally mature enough to take my constructive criticism :)