Friday, January 14, 2011

What I Love About Me

Hmmm... self-reflection time. This is a required assignment for my communications class and may take me some time to decide which ten things to put up here... It's interesting because some things have already come to mind that I like about myself, but they may be the things that other people don't like haha I guess we'll see!



1. I love that I can pretty much laugh about anything, or even at most anything. Whether it's a funny movie, a book I'm reading, friends teasing me, me teasing them or just things that happen in life in general. I love to laugh, and I love that I love to laugh haha. :) People say that my laugh is infectious. It can also be very loud!





2. I also love that I am just a little bit crazy ( I mean who isn't). Most people would describe me as "crazy... but in a good way." What can I say? It keeps life entertaining and I like to spice things up. I love to get other people to laugh and my craziness allows me to do that.


This is on the way to Disneyland in California... we found "tree-stars" Haha



A friend Chris and me... he's used to my craziness... haha


Just over the border of Canada... RAWR




3. I also love that I am "half-Canadian". My dad is originally from Magrath, Alberta, Canada and we have gone up there at least once every summer since I can remember. I love it there, it is my second home and I would claim myself as Canadian anytime. It's a beautiful place and has become a huge part of my life and who I am.



My favorite waterfall in Jasper Natl Park Canada, Athabasca Falls

Cameron Falls in Waterton Natl Park Canada



4. I love that I am naturally athletic. I have played soccer since I was about 5 years old and have found a great love for that sport. I also love playing lots of other sports: frisbee, football, volleyball, raquetball, basketball... pretty much everything else too! I love to play sports and be outside including hiking, snowboarding, camping, mountain biking etc.


Me Taking a Shot on Goal


Me With One of My Soccer Teams :)





5. I don't know if this 5th thing counts, but as I was thinking about things that I love about myself this came to mind. I love that I am an RM (Return Missionary). I loved my mission, I spent 18 months in England talking to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It changed who I was and how I see the world. Those were the best 18 months of my life, nothing could ever compare to that time in my life. I loved it with all my heart.


6. I also like how tall I am. I am just over 5'8" and I love it. I always wanted to be 5'10" but I didn't quite make it that far. I usually tell people that I am 5'9" because I am pretty close to that. Anyway I love being tall!






7. Here comes out my "nerd" side but one thing I love about me is that I am a bookworm... I love to read books! I read a lot of fantasy books and quite a few of them are children's books as well. I also like to read books about people who lived in the 1800's like "The Work and the Glory" or "Little House on the Prairie". I read books like crazy and read 5 over the 2 week Christmas break that we had just a while ago. One of my favorite series is by Christopher Paolini called the Inheritence Cylcle including the books "Eragon", "Eldest" and "Brisingr" with the 4th and final book (soon) to be realeased! One of my other favorite books is called "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. Just to name of the few of the books that I have come to love in my lifetime. Nobody should ever be suprised if they walked into my house and my whole family was just snuggled up under a blanket on the couch in our living reading our own seperate books. We love to read!




8. One of the first things that people will notice about my physical features is that I have big lips. Haha. People always comment on them which is sometimes embarassing, I don't think they're that big but they're great I guess.

9. I love that I am LDS because it has given me a strong foundation to live my life on. It has given me a good set of values and strong convictions on who I want to be and how I live my life. My religion, my beliefs and sense of who I am have shaped everythinga bout my life. It has really made me who I am.

10. I guess the last thing is that I love (that I love) the SNOW and RAIN. Sometimes they are literally my sunshine. I can look out the window and see it snowing and get the biggest smile on my face. It never ceases to make me happy! I also love rain. Maybe I just like to mix it up and not have sunshine all the time. I am content and happy with rain/snow all the time!


No comments: