Monday, January 24, 2011

Alma 26:27


'Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

This is a scripture that has helped me get through many things because I know that when I am going through hard times the Lord will always be there to help bless me, help me and lift me up. There have been times when I have not been sure how I can keep going, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, there are obstacles in my way that I don't know how I can overcome. I know that when those times come and I don't know how to keep going, my heart is depressed and I am about to turn back or give up... just at that very moment the Lord seems to comfort me... to open another door when I feel they are all shut. It is one of the remarkable things about this gospel. No matter how bad or hard things get the Lord will always be there to comfort us, to help us, to bring us peace and to help us find success in this life, we just have to believe in Him and trust Him. I know that is true because it has happened to me countless times throughout my life.

No comments: