Friday, January 28, 2011

2 Different Relationships

I am required to work on 2 of my relationships with other people this semester, it took me a long time to decide on who I should focus on. I had to pick one good relationship that I want to continue to enhance and develop and the second is one that is more challenging- maybe a communication struggle or personality difference- but that I want to see some improvement in.

For the first one I decided to choose my roommate Ariel! We have started this semester off with a really good friendship and I want to keep it that way! I absolutely love Ariel and we have a lot of fun together. I want to keep this friendship developing in a positive way. Ariel and I both struggle with having friends who are girls and generally just hang out with guys so I think this gives me an opportunity to keep a good friendship with her!


SOME GOALS
1. Gain a better friendship
2. Communicate with her so there are not arguements from miscommunication
3. Continue to invite her to do things and exercise with her
4. Try not to get into any disagreements

For the challenging relationship I chose to do it with my sister Jamie who is 20 and currently going to BYU. We actually have a very good relationship and are pretty close and very good friends. The reason I chose to work on this is because sometimes my communication with her is a struggle. Iremember coming home for Thanksgiving and she was mad because I hadn't told her about my latest crush, she told me it doesn't take that long to text or call and let her know what is going on in my life. I thought about this for a long time and she is right. She's pretty much my best friend and I want her to know what is going on in my life. We sometimes
miscommunicate and don't understand each other very well, and I want to strengthen our relationship in that way because I love her and want us to continue to have a good friendship and I know the best way for me to do that will be for our communication to get better. :)


SOME GOALS
1. Call her at least once a week
2. Text her the latest news in my life
3. Try to understand her point of view if she doesn't want to do something
4. Let her know frequently that I love her!

No comments: